Monday, September 15, 2008

Backyard Politics


How's this for a Monday morning chuckle? Matt Gauntt posted this over at Illinois Review this weekend, I thought it was amusing.

I was talking to a friend of mine's little boy the other day. I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up and he replied, 'I want to be President!' Both of his parents are liberal Democrats and were standing there. So then I asked him, 'If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?'

He replied, 'I'd give houses to all the homeless people.'

'Wow - what a worthy goal.' I told him, 'You don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where this homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward a new house.'

Since he is only 6, he thought that over for a few seconds while his Mom glared at me. He looked me straight in the eye and asked, 'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?'

And I said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party.'


Out of the mouths of babes, as they say...

~Gabriel

No comments: