Thursday, August 28, 2008

"I'm great! Really! Seriously... come on guys..."





"Blagojevich on third term: I'm a great governor"

So read the Pantagraph headline this morning. I almost laughed out loud right here at my desk. Makes you wonder who he's trying to convince. I had to share it, just too funny. The rest of the article reads (or you can read it on the Pantagraph here):



DENVER -- Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich isn't saying whether he'll run for a third term, but he calls himself "a great governor" who loves his job.

Blagojevich says: "There's more to do, and I have no reason to think I don't want to keep doing this job."

The Democratic governor has lousy poll ratings and terrible relationships with many state officials. Several Democrats are getting ready for possible gubernatorial campaigns.

Still, Blagojevich says he has a strong track record that includes expanding health care for children and working-class families.
"Lousy poll ratings and terrible relationships" indeed. This is the guy that commutes from Chicago via tax-payer funded airplane while the tax-payer funded governor's mansion sits empty in Springfield. Ask the folks up the road in Pontiac how they feel about him trying to shut down the prison while simultaneously paying lots of lawyers lots of (taxpayer?) money to keep himself out of it. I could go on and on. Nice to have a little chuckle at 5:45 in the morning.

~Gabriel

(Photo by AP)

No comments: